Current library services
Due to nationwide coronavirus regulations, Leiden University Libraries (UBL) offers adjusted services up to and including 26 September 2021. Please find an overview on our webpage on library services during the coronavirus situation, and check our regular pages for news on upcoming changes starting 27 September.UBL library services during the coronavirus situation
Witte Singel 27
071 - 527 2814 (General)
Current access options
To be able to access the library, all visitors need to bring their valid and activated LU-Card.
There are no options for library group viewings or teacher and students tours.
Up to and including 26 September 2021:
- Leiden University students may access the library during their reserved study place time-slot
- In reading room 1 on the first floor, study places are available for use by Leiden University staff and PhDs (no reservation option)
- Researchers and students using the Special Collections materials may access the library to consult materials at the Special Collections Reading Room
- Patrons wishing to pick up requested library materials from the book lockers may do so, without making an appointment
Currently, only Leiden University students can reserve a library study place.
- 1184 study places
- 94 computer study places
- 8 group study rooms
- 16 individual study rooms
You may report lost items, or turn in any items that you have found, at the reception desk.