Mission and objectives
The core business of the UBL is providing information to staff and students of Leiden University and the Leiden University Medical Center (LUMC) for their educational and research tasks. Though staff and students of Leiden University and LUMC are the primary focus of the services of the UBL, others can profit from these services too. The UBL facilitates the access, the evaluation, the use, the production and the availability of information. The UBL is developing effective ways of collaborating with other libraries and cultural heritage institutes on a local, national and international level.
- The UBL is a knowledge node for Leiden University and the LUMC, where information is produced, kept, used and shared - both physically as virtually.
- The collections of UBL serve as a source for education and research at Leiden University and LUMC.
- The collections and services of UBL need to be as accessible as possible to students and researchers - whichever way, wherever and whenever.
- The UBL looks ahead to be able to prepare herself and her users today for tomorrow's developments and opportunities related to her field of business.
- The UBL offers a sparkling and stimulating work environment in the challenging world of research information, in combination with a pleasant work atmosphere and attractive secundary conditions.