Workplaces for researchers
Are you planning on using our collections intensively? Then book a workplace for researchers.
Researchers wishing to use library materials intensively can book a workplace on the ground floor of the University Library. The Van Gulik room in the Asian Library can be booked by researchers relying specifically on the libraries' Asian collections.
Facilities include a workspace, storage facilities, a monitor with (USB-C) dock to connect and charge your laptop and WiFi.
How to make a reservation
Workplaces can be reserved by e-mail. Please indicate the following:
LU-Card number (G or M)
Mobile phone number
Preferred e-mail address
Desired period (max. 3 mo.)
Weekly use (Mo-Tu-We-Th-Fr)
A nice workplace
- The workplaces can only be reserved by researchers with an university affiliation. Are you a student and looking for a quiet place to study? Then reserve one of our single occupancy rooms in the University Library.
- Please collect the (numbered) keys to the office and storage facilities at the reception desk at the start of each day, and return them when you leave. A € 30,- replacement fee is imposed if keys are lost.
- Borrowed materials may be left at the workplace overnight but only under lock and key. You will be notified when a book is due back. To avoid overdue fees, please check your library account regularly.
- Materials belonging to the Special Collections department may only be consulted in the Special Collections reading room.
- General house rules apply, directions of staff members must be followed.
- Please leave your workspace tidy and organized at the end of each day.
- The University Library is not liable for any materials lost or damaged during use of the Centre.