Molecular Science & Technology
Overview of databases, reference works and websites for research in Molecular Science & Technology
The library for chemistry and pharmacology is situated on the first floor of the Gorlaeus building. The physical collection can be found in the CHEFAR section.
The MST program is a collaboration between Leiden University and Delft TU. Within the program Delft TU focuses on chemical engineering and Leiden University attends to education in basic research in chemical biology and energy and sustainability. This distinction is also reflected in the library collections of the two universities.
Find our databases on Molecular Science & Technology in the catalogue.To the catalogue
In addition, Reaxys is available on campus (not to be found in the catalogue). Reaxys performs searches in a slightly different way compared to other scientific search engines. The database supports searches formulated in natural language, reaction, structure, name or properties. Please contact the subject librarian if you'd like to know more.
The publication of data as part of an article or as a standalone publication is becoming increasingly common in chemistry. The following sites are some of the most important places for data publications:
- American Chemical Society, also publishes Chemical & Engineering News
- Eurekalert: press releases research institutions in all areas of science
- KNCV, Royal Dutch Chemical Society, also publishes verenigingstijdschrift C2W
- KVCV, Royal Flemish Chemical Society
- NBV: Dutch Biotechnology Association
- NVBMB: Netherlands Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- VNCI: Society for Dutch Chemical Industry
- WikiBooks Chemical Information Sources
- LabPrep (Leiden University LACDR): interactive videos for laboratory education with a focus on conducting experiments