Education, Library, Research
Call for proposals: (digital) resources for the library
Every year, the Faculty of Humanities reserves a library budget of 100,000 euros for the purchase of (preferably digital) resources that are of great importance for education and/or research of the faculty. We invite all faculty staff to submit proposals for spending this budget by Monday 1 May at the latest.
Previous acquired resources from this budget include African American Periodicals (1825-1995) (Readex), Cambridge Archive Editions Online (Eastview), Screen Studies: platform for film (Bloomsbury) and John Benjamins journal archives.
- Contact your subject librarian and draw up a proposal together with him/her;
- Acquire the approval of the directorate of your institute for this proposal;
- Send the proposal to Marcel Belderbos of the faculty office (firstname.lastname@example.org)
All proposals will be tabled in the semi-annual Library Committee meeting, this being a meeting of the Library Directorate, the Dean and the Institute Directors.
- preferably has a digital format;
- is of great importance for teaching and/or research at the Faculty of Humanities;
- cannot be funded from the regular budgets allocated to individual fields (=it is very expensive);
- preferably useful beyond the boundaries of single institutes;
- is preferably a one-time buy without annual license-extension fees.
Your subject librarian can help you draw up the full proposal. Please include the following:
- Title and URL;
- Applicant's name;
- Subject Librarian;
- One-off expenses;
- Possible structural expenses, and the budget used to cover these;
- Possible contribution from a research budget.
- Comparison to other already available resources;
- Uniqueness among Dutch universities;
- Quality assurance of the resource;
- Type of information (full text, bibliography, datafiles, reference, archives).
Is the resource:
- of importance to a new study programme?
- of importance for a new research project or grant proposal?
- of relevance for the Faculty's profile?