Reading articles with BrowZine
Quick access to (your favourite) academic e-journals on your tablet or PC with the free app BrowZine: full text, always up-to-date. Journals are ordered in subject categories.
What is BrowZine?
Go to BrowZine.
As a member of Leiden University staff and as a Leiden University student you can make use of academic e-journals through BrowZine. BrowZine is available for smartphones, tablets, laptops, and PCs. Once you log in, you will have access not only to to up-to-date, full text articles, but also the archives of these journals going back to 2005. You can annotate these articles, save them for offline access, share with your social network and receive alerts for new issues.
Browzine is still being developed and Third Iron is hard at work to expand the number of titles on offer, at the moment BrowZine covers over 80% of the titles in the digital UBL collection.
How to use BrowZine?
On a smartphone or tablet:
- Download the app on your tablet. BrowZine is available for Apple and Android tablets and smartphones in the relevant app-stores.
- Log on once (only for your first use) with your ULCN details. This gives you access to journals for which the university has a licence and to open access articles.
- Simply search journals of your choice by title or subject Save your favourites: they appear on your digital book shelf in the app and will now always be at your fingertips.
- You can read editions, download articles, annotate and export metadata to Zotero and Mendeley.
On a laptop or PC:
- Go to http://www.browzine.com/ Within the university network you can get started immediately.
- If you are working from home or elsewhere, choose Leiden University and log in with your ULCN account.
Website Third Iron, producer of the app.