Quick access to your favourite academic e-journals on your tablet or PC with the free app BrowZine: full text, always up-to-date.
What is BrowZine?
Leiden University staff and students can read academic e-journals through the app BrowZine, available for smartphone, tablet, laptop, and PC. Once logged in, BrowZine offers access to the latest full text articles and to journal archives dating back to 2005. You can save articles for offline access, annotate, share with your social network, and receive alerts.
BrowZine now covers over 80% of the titles offered through the Leiden University Libraries digital collections.
How does it work?
For smartphone or tablet:
- Download the app for Apple or Android.
- Log on once with your ULCN details, to have access to journals for which the university has a licence, and to open access publications.
- Search journals by title or subject.
- Save your favourites to your digital book shelf in the app.
- You can read and download articles, annotate, and export metadata to Zotero and Mendeley.
For laptop or PC:
- Go to http://www.browzine.com/
- Within the university network you can get started immediately.
- Working from home or elsewhere, choose Leiden University and log in with your ULCN account.
Website Third Iron, producer of the BrowZine app.