Virtual Research Environments
A Virtual Research Environment (VRE) is an online collaboration tool for researchers, for which the library provides support and assistance.
The VRE offers an easy-to-use and reliable platform for storing, sharing and enriching data and documents 24/7 with research team members, both from Leiden University and beyond. It comes with a standard storage of 10 GB.
The library will take care of setting up the VRE and will also provide training and assistance for users. DigitaI scholarship issues, such as datamanagement, will also be addressed.
View the following short video to learn how Leiden researchers are using VREs in their research collaboration.
This video can not be shown because you did not accept cookies.You can leave our website to view this video.
How to apply?
The following requirements apply for creating a VRE:
- The principal investigator/lead researcher is affiliated to Leiden University
- The research team comprises of, at least, 3 people that do not share a physical location
- The VRE will be used to facilitate a broad ranges of activities and for the curation of digital documents
- The research is – preferably – in its initial phase and has a well-defined end-of-project date
- One team member will be available to act as VRE-coordinator for the duration of the research project
Would you be interested in setting up a VRE for your research project? Please contact your subject librarian, who will set up a meeting in order to discuss all matters relating to this service.