Want to study in the library? Reserve a study place!
Leiden University students can reserve a study place at the University Library, including the Asian Library, and at the Law Library, Social and Behavioural Sciences Library, and Wijnhaven Library in The Hague.
Make a reservation
Use Chrome, Firefox or Safari and login with your ULCN-account.
The number of available study places and the location of those study places within the library are indicated in the reservation system. Only numbered spots are available for reservation. You can take a look at the UB floor plans with the zones of numbered study places indicated on the right-hand side. Only Leiden University students may reserve studyplaces at Leiden University Libraries locations.
When reserving a study place, users can choose a time-slot at the location of their choice. Students can make one reservation per day for a study place during one time-slot. Reservations can only be made one day in advance.
|Location||Open||10:00 - 14:00||15:00 - 19:00||20:00 - 23:00|
|University Library||Mon - Sun||X||X||X|
|Wijnhaven Library||Mon - Sun||X||X||X|
|Social and Behavioural Sciences Library||Mon - Fri||X||X||X|
|Sat - Sun|
|Law Library||Mon - Fri||X||X||X|
|Sat - Sun||X||X|
You will receive a confirmation e-mail after placing your reservation. Make sure to check your spam folder if you didn't receive an e-mail. Activate the link in the e-mail before arriving at the library location. To cancel your reservation, login with your ULCN-account, click on your name in the top-right corner of the page and go to 'my reservations'.
Access and use of study places
When a reservation has been approved, you will receive a digital confirmation of their reservation. On the indicated date and time you can check in at the reception desk by showing your reservation on your smartphone. After a brief check of your reservation you will be permitted to enter the library. Follow the indicated walking route to your study place. Within the building all walking routes are one-way only; ensuring passing is kept to a minimum.
At the end of your reserved time-slot you can leave the library via the indicated walking route. The end time of time-slots cannot be exceeded. If you used books from the library shelves, please leave them on the nearest book cart when leaving the library. Study places will subsequently be cleaned for the next user.
- Clean your hands carefully before entering the library. Disinfectant gel is provided at the entrance of each location for this purpose.
- Keep a minimum distance of 1.5 meters to other users at all times.
- A maximum of one person at a time can enter the bathrooms.
- Cough and sneeze in your elbow, not in your hand.
- If necessary, use disposable tissues and throw them in the trash after use.
- Wash your hands regularly with water and soap.
Our other services
- Loanable books and journals from every UBL location can be requested from the Catalogue. Requests can be picked from book-lockers at the location of your choice (University Library, Social and Behavioural Sciences Library, Van Steenis building, and Wijnhaven Library). No reservation is required for book pick-up.
- At the University Library and Wijnhaven Library in The Hague, students can make an appointment to print documents or to transfer files from the P-disk. For this purpose, a 20-minute time-slot can be reserved.
- Researchers at Leiden University who need access to Special Collections can reserve a time-slot at the Reading Room Special Collections.
- Books from other University Libraries can be requested through WorldCat.