Data analysis with Python
- Friday 24 June 2022 - Friday 8 July 2022
- The course consists of three sessions op 24th June, 1st and 8th July, 09:30 till 13:00 hh..
- To be determined; online, if necessary.
This course offers an introduction to data analysis and data visualization using Python. The course assumes a basic level of proficiency in Python. It builds on the topics that have been covered in the introductory course on programming in Python. In these more advanced classes, participants will learn about the main techniques that can be used to clean, enrich, analyse and visualise data.
The course is open to researchers from Leiden University and consists of three sessions of three hours each, on 24th June, 1st and 8th July , all from 09:30 to 13:00. We aim at an in person course on campus, but registrants may indicate a preference for online sessions.
Participants are also requested to do some background reading and to carry out simple coding tasks as homework. The total workload is estimated at about 20 hours.
- Data acquisition via APIs and web scraping
- Working with social media data
- Data analysis with Pandas
- Data visualisation with matplotlib and Seaborn
All registered participants will receive practical instructions on how to prepare for the course approximately two weeks before the start.