Open Access and Scholarly Publishing
- Tuesday 6 October 2020
- Online. You can enroll by sending an email to Nadia Kreeft-Mishkovskyi.
PhD Sessions at Leiden University Libraries
What is happening in the publishing world, and how does this affect your research? Did you know your publications will eventually need to be stored in the Leiden Repository? Open Science is not just about requirements but also full of opportunities to expand your network, increase the visibility of your research, enlarge your audience and reach out beyond the academic community.
At the onset of the International Open Access Week, we welcome PhDs from the Humanities faculty to this tutorial dedicated to Open Science and the advantages of Open Access publishing.
This tutorial covers:
- Publishing your research: where and how?
- Open Science: what's in it for you?!
- Grants and mandatory open access publishing
- Your thesis and other publications, and the Leiden Repository: rules and issues
- Open Access publishing, (Dutch) law, funder requirements
- Your online identity, persistent identifiers and impact of your research
- Discussing publishing strategies with others
The PhD sessions at Leiden University Libraries aim to introduce PhD students to librarians, library resources and library services. Every session focuses on an aspect of the PhD trajectory, and what services, specialists and collections Leiden University Libraries has to support you in this.