Leiden University Libraries circulation policy effective from 1 September 2021
Starting 1 September, there will be some changes to Leiden University Libraries' circulation policy. This policy also applies to African Studies Centre Leiden Library and Walaeus Library materials.
- The loan period is 3 weeks
- The library will automatically renew your loans, in 3-week terms, during the maximum overall loan period
- When a borrowed item is reserved by another patron, the item's due date cannot be extended
- A strict overdue fee policy will apply to reserved items, starting the day after the item's due date
- For borrowed items that have not been reserved by another user, no overdue fees will be imposed
Please find more information on our webpages on borrowing.
Please let us know if you have any questions regarding your loans, by replying to any of our e-mail notices to make sure we have your account data and loans overview at hand. You can also contact us by using Ask a librarian.
Current overdue fines
To mark these policy changes, all remaining overdue fines issued before the policy changes have been waived. This does not include fees connected to replacement fee procedures.